Yesterday there was a news item about the creation of a magnetic monopole. Although the news accounts are far above average for the usual explanations of a scientific breakthrough, most still leave a lot to be desired. For instance not all of them distinguish between the elementary particle and the quasiparticle that was what was created here. The best new account that I could find was written by a reporter for nature magazine at Quantum cloud simulates magnetic monopole, which sums up the work remarkably well. If you would like a slightly more in-depth account, keep reading.
Click on photo for contact information.
- Updated Version of Groundhog Day
- Beware the ‘H’ Word
- Getting Serious About Mathematics
- For People Who Don’t Understand ISIS
- Five More Problems
- What Sounds Like a Chain Saw but is Much More Dangerous?
- Yoichiro Nambu
- Rambling #6
- Answers to Logic Problems #1
- Logic Problems #1
- Mixed Metaphors
- The Wonders of Homeopathy
- H-Bomb Dropped on U.S.
- New App for Women in New York or Other Big Cities